One of the key values of our company is to Dominate. Dominate everything you do, take extreme ownership, and continuously push your knowledge and abilities to new levels. A Full Stack mentality enables Domination. Rather than limiting yourself to exclusively Backend Engineer or Frontend Engineer, you are a Full Stack Engineer, capable of learning what is needed in any part of the Stack and implementing it yourself. Commit, and don’t sell yourself short. Cloud technologies, like these 5, have been providing fantastic building blocks that enable engineers to build across the Stack more easily than ever. We previously discussed the benefits of Full Stack Engineering that your company will get. Now let’s talk about how it’s valuable to you and your career growth. It's a great time to be an engineer, so unshackle yourself, and be a Full Stack Engineer.
Why should I be a Full Stack Engineer?
Keeping up with the pace of technology change has always been part of Engineering. While it will always be necessary for Engineers to develop a depth of expertise, it is also essential to avoid becoming pigeonholed as specialists in limited areas (What happens to you if that work goes away?). Having a breadth of experience will increase the number of tools in your toolbox (keeping you highly employable). Each new tool will also help you see your existing ones in a new light. Increasing your ability to innovate and problem-solve (making you more valuable). Just like cross-functional teams have all the skills needed to complete a mission, a Full Stack Engineer embodies that spirit in a single person.
Top Benefits to People
- More fulfilling work - You always get to cross the finish line and see what you’ve built work end-to-end.
- Expand your skills - Being able to do any part of the work to deliver value keeps adding new skills to your resume. You’ll catch the eye of more potential employers.
- Increased Career Growth - Not every team or organization has the opportunity for growth at the same time or the same pace. Full Stack Engineers are better equipped to grab opportunity by the reigns regardless of where it presents itself.
We’ve worked with a lot of engineers, and they’ve all had a variety of reasons for choosing engineering as a career. But when you talk to them, three common themes emerge in why they became engineers:
- They love the challenge of solving problems and figuring things out
- They love the act of building something and seeing it come to life
- They love to put what they built into the hands of a user who benefits from it
Whether one or all of these describe you, as a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll get that sense of satisfaction that charges your spirit.
Hakkiri's Full Stack Engineering Culture
At Hakkiri, a core part of our mission is to help software teams and engineers spend more time building awesome products and getting them to customers faster. Hakkiri surfaces deep insights into delivery so you can see when goals start to trend off track. No more last-minute surprises! Try out our 30-day Free Trial or request a demo today! Additionally, if you'd like assistance establishing a Full Stack Engineering culture at your organization, our technology consulting services can help!